Monday, March 8, 2010

Full Metal Alchemist - Lust Dress Notes

Just a few notes about a fitted dress I did not too long ago:





I opted for a dark green (almost black) velvet (like my friend Grandis did with her Lust cosplay a few years ago.) I made the long spikes on the gloves by cutting triangular shapes out of .020" thick styrene sheeting and then fashioning them into long cones which I then stuffed into sheaths that I'd made out of velvet. I had to sew zippers into the gloves too since the material they were made of wasn't stretchy.

1 comment:

  1. Looks quite lovely to me. I don't know whether you would or not, but would perhaps take a commission to replicate this item? I was thinking of cosplaying as Lust myself and have yet to find a costume I like since I am not talented with sewing or anything Dx

    If you could contact me whether it is a yes or a no, I'd greatly appreciate it =)

    Contact me at fullmetalcan23@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete